Internship at Best Magazine

I was extremely happy to get a months internship at Best Magazine, owned by Hearst. Best is a women's weekly magazine. Other Hearst magazines include the hugely popular Cosmopolitan and Elle.

I worked with the web team while I was there. The website, BestDaily.co.uk is Best magazine’s brand new website, launched in April 2013. The site provides hourly online updates on the most relevant news, fantastic daily discounts, giveaways, vibrant forums and video clips, in which the authentic voice of the Best consumer can be showcased and heard as never before.


Whether online 24/7 or for the bargain price of 89p every Tuesday. 
My credits 

Working with the Web team, was fantastic a opportunity. It meant I was producing daily work as the website was constantly being updated.

For the first few days I did some general admin jobs and uploaded and scheduled the daily horoscopes and generally got a good feel for the website and magazine.

By the third day I was able to start pitching stories in the morning and afternoon web meetings, which was really exciting. I got to write lots of stories whilst I was there covering showbiz, television, real life and national news stories. The idea was to move the story on and offer something new.

Read all of my stories here: 

http://www.bestdaily.co.uk/team/faith-thomas/

Every story required photos too, I either got these myself using the right copyright requirements or the photo team assisted me.

The Best Beauty Awards

I was extremely lucky to be at the magazine when they hosted their annual Beauty Awards. I helped out with the planning of this event and helped out on the day. 

There were lots of celebrities at the event and lots of beauty companies attended. The event was held at The Waldorf hotel, which was super swish.
Afternoon tea event at the awards ceremony at The Waldorf Hotel, London. 

It was a great day which I am throughly proud to be part of.




I loved working at Best Magazine and meeting the team, who are extremely lovely. 

A massive thank you to every one at Best for all of your help, advice and kindness during my internship.


No comments:

Post a Comment